woensdag 3 september 2014

I'm back!


It’s been such a long time ago since I posted anything on my blog. I did have some blogconcepts tough which I never shared but I will share one today. I’ll write a follow up post on how things are going right now.

New year, new opportunities

2013 has gone and 2014 has arrived. 2013 hasn´t  been a great year health wise. But it was also the year in which I received my driverslicence after a lot of stress and sacrifices (a day with a driving lesson was so exhausting, that I couldn’t do much for the rest of the day) I’m extremely proud of myself for achieving this goal and not giving up on what I wanted. Something else that makes me feel very proud of myself is that I received my first diploma (propedeuse) for my study, this after a lot of struggle trying to incorporate studying in lymelife (which sometimes has proven to be impossible!). As I mentioned before 2013 hasn’t been a great year health wise. After 5 months of intravenous treatment, I expected to feel a lot better. Unfortunately this was not the case. Blood tests have shown that the borrelia- and bartonella bacteria are still very active in my body. This was a big bummer, and was very depressing. I have struggled a lot to come to terms with the fact that I’m still a Lyme patient and that this will probably be the case for a long time to come. There was one positive thing that happened health wise in 2013 though, and that is that I have had my tonsils removed. I’m so happy that I made this choice as this has helped me a lot with my painful throat infections. Despite the painful and long recovery I would definitely do it again, in a heartbeat! The pass year I have realized how fortunate I am with such great and supporting family and friends. Especially my parents how have always been supportive and are always there for me no matter what. I have also realized how grateful I am to have such amazing sisters we laugh and cry together, we fight and make up, we make fun with and of each other but we are always there for one a other and will do anything for each other. And I musn’t forget to mention my boyfriend, my great great boyfriend who I couldn’t imagine my life without with.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten